Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Carly Fiorina Wins GOP Senate Nomination

To be honest, I was impressed with Carly Fiorina when I saw her a few weeks back. Like all my friends, I was hoping for a win by Chuck DeVore, a genuine conservative. Fiorina's definitely a fighter, though --- super intelligent, fast on her feet --- and that's important for anyone going up against the pugnacious Barbara Boxer. (See, USA Today, "Fiorina moves fast to attack Sen. Boxer in Calif.")

Plus, at WSJ, "
GOP Voters Pick Fiorina in Calif. Senate Primary." A lot of folks'll be stressing the historic victory in Californa for women (gender politics, blah, blah), but it's the magnitude of campaign spending that's interesting, especially Meg Whitman's. See, ABC News, "Female Republican Candidates Nab Key Spots in California Races: Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina Ran Hard-Edged Campaigns Against Established Republicans."

GOP Senate Debate

I've been on Twitter tonight, so readers might also follow me there to keep up with the fun breaking stuff.

I'll have more of all my reporting tomorrow.

1 comments:

richard mcenroe said...

and the Democrats keep Boxer's seat.