Friday, July 20, 2012

Jessica Redfield Killed in Aurora Movie Theater Massacre — Aspiring Sportscaster Survived Toronto Shopping Mall Shooting Last Month

Blazing Cat Fur had this earlier, "Colorado movie shooting victim wrote about escaping Eaton Centre shooting last month."

And New York Daily News has the story, "Aurora victim Jessica Ghawi had survived Toronto mall shooting last month."

The woman used a pen name, Jessica Redfield. Her blog post from last month's Eaton shooting is still up, "Late Night Thoughts on the Eaton Center Shooting":

Jessica Redfield
I can’t get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away. I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court. An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm‘s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.
Keep reading, if you're not crying too much.

All I can say is God rest her soul. And, well, perhaps shopping malls and movie theaters aren't the safest places to be, sadly.

More at the Detroit Free Press, "NHL blogger who died in theater massacre had escaped Toronto shooting."

And this part is, I guess, so contemporary, at Twitchy, "Aurora shooting victim Jessica Ghawi was tweeting just before her death; was present at mall shooting in Toronto six weeks ago."

Jessica's brother, Jordan Ghawi, is blogging.

May God be with you.

0 comments: