Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Anti-Common Core 'Barbarians at the Gate'

I don't consider myself particularly knowledgeable about Common Core, although I certainly don't trust the Obama administration on education policy. That said, when education bureaucrats (and faux conservatives) push back hard against Common Core opponents, clearly the latter are on to something.

Here's Michelle Malkin on Twitter:


And for the life of me, I have no clue why Jennifer "I'm for Mitt Romney" Rubin penned this screed defending Common Core, "Common Core critics offer too little, too late." Back to her old faux conservatives ways, I guess.

In any case, I trust Michelle's writing on this.

See, "Rotten to the Core: Obama's War on Academic Standards (Part 1)"; "Rotten to the Core (Part 2): Readin', Writin' and Deconstructionism"; "Rotten to the Core, Part III: Lessons from Texas and the Growing Grassroots Revolt"; and "Rotten to the Core: The Feds' Invasive Student Tracking Database."

Plus, "Good Riddance: Common Core Backlash Claims New Political Casualties."

And from Kyle Olson, "Michelle Malkin Shreds Jeb Bush, Common Core and ‘John Dewey/Saul Alinsky-Marinated Progressives’."

And check out Olson's new book, with Glenn Beck, Conform: Exposing the Truth About Common Core and Public Education.

0 comments: