Saturday, July 2, 2016

Joshua Clover, The New Era of Uprisings

We teach just lower-division courses at community college, but I'm about to get an entry-level "Diversity, Ethnicity, and Inclusion" course into the curriculum approval pipeline. Santa Monica City College offers a pretty hip course commensurately, so there's that. All I have to do is make sure that such a course is transferable to UC/CSU as measured by the CCC Chancellor's Office, so we'll see.

In any case, if y'all are wondering why I'm reading all these far-left tomes, my abiding watchword (or "watch-phrase") is "Know Your Enemies," but frankly, I need to help pull my department into the 21st century vis-à-vis all the hipster "intersectional" literature, heh.

It's fun at least.

Here's Joshua Clover, at Amazon, Riot. Strike. Riot: The New Era of Uprisings.

0 comments: