Wednesday, August 4, 2010

E.D. Kain Joins Balloon Juice: 'Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself'

Hey, that didn't take long. E.D. Kain's found his bone (e.g., "True/Slant Shuts Down — Charles Johnson, E.D. Kain Looking for New Digital Media Bones to Suck Dry").

Turns out the lying freak-blogger's joined John Cole's Balloon Juice, and the title of his post is fully apropos: "
Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself." And hey, there's a song for that:
Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate ...

Folks might not get my meaning, but those reading my blog for awhile will recall the E.D. Kain's a man of ZERO principle who sold his soul to the reigning zeitgeist of the leftist blogosphere. The secret that shall never be revealed at Balloon Juice is that E.D. Kain once published an up-and-coming neocon blog portal called Neo-Constant. Beaman's interview with British neocon Douglas Murray was first published there. Later though, folks like Beaman never did find out what happened to Neo-Constant, since E.D. Kain decided to close up shop without so much as a final thank to all of those who contributed there. I have written about this a number of times. I'm bothered not so much that E.D. Kain's an immature prima donna without a shred of principle, but that in his new blogging life he turned himself into a lackey of Charles Johnson and Andrew Sullivan. Totally lame. And after I started published some hot and heavy reports on this, E.D. Kain launched a campaign of workplace intimidation to get me to STFU. It went around for a while, getting to the point where E.D. had the gall to appeal to Christian ethics for me to stop. Right. No skin off my back though. It's yet another example of the evil I uncover so much around here. I'm all for self-interest, and if that was E.D.'s motivation for switching sides I'd have no problem. But when one then mounts unhinged Blitzkrieg assaults against the very icons of the former movement that rattles some sensibilities. It's thus fitting for E.D. to have staked his next double-crossing claim at Balloon Juice. John Cole's got a reputation of the same sort, although I can't vouch for it personally. I'll just leave it up to Cole's own words for folks to get an idea of the kind of digs slime-blogger E.D. Kain now claims as his own. See John Cole, "Let’s Be Blunt":
Go fuck yourself. To death.

I am tired of being patient with you nannies and your stupid self-serving rules and your slippery slopes and your bullshit and your need to be tough on crime and your earnest concerns about society. Mind your own business, get your own house in order, stop fucking interns and little boys and cheating on your wives and on your taxes and being found dead wearing two wetsuits with a dildo shoved up your ass. Just mind your own damned business, and let people do what they must to deal with their own screwed up lives, and let people handle their pain the best way they can.

I am sick of the bullshit. Life is hard for most people out there, and damned near impossible for people in chronic pain. Quit making it worse, you allegedly compassionate sons-of-bitches.
And that diatribe is all over some lady who committed suicide because authorities were gonna cut off her "medicinal" marijuana. Perhaps John Cole should take a couple of tokes himself --- calm down there buddy, sheesh. I'd have to check the archives, but it's a good bet that John Cole's pro-assisted suicide anyway, so perhaps the lady saved people time, no offense and God rest her soul. That said, it's a bit much to blame Bush/Cheney, dontcha think:
Robin Prosser is dead, and George Bush doesn’t even know or probably care who she is, but his government had a hand in her passing ... I didn’t think that was too much to ask until I realized what Bush and Cheney and their allies in Congress have done to this country. It is beyond time for them to grab their bibles and get the fuck out of the way.
And this begs the question: With that pedigree, why did E.D. sign on, unless it's just about fulfilling another lie?
John alluded to me as a ‘sane conservative’ and I’m sure plenty of people would take issue with both descriptors, but I’ll take what I can get. I look forward to stirring the pot around here a bit with my perfectly lucid advocacy of free markets, limited government and fiscal discipline. You may also find that I’m anti-war, anti-torture, anti-stupid-arguments-against-building-mosques, and anti-death-penalty. Indeed, I’m pro-life across the board though I have little interest in immersing myself in the endless culture war debates.

I also have very little interest in bashing other conservatives or, for that matter, liberals. Bashing has very limited utility. And others are better at it in any case.
E.D. Kain is a sane conservative the way that Andrew Sullivan is a sane conservative, which is to say not so much. The lead post at Balloon Juice right now is E.D.'s entry, "No Newt is good Newt." Click through and read it. So much for "no interest in bashing other conservatives"?

I don't like him, in any case. And I'm not going to pull punches or play nice. This is the blogosphere we're talking about ... know what I'm saying?

1 comments:

JBW said...

I know exactly what you're saying, Don: you don't like the guy so you're going to trash whatever he says or does. Well played.

And "Sympathy for the Devil" is apparently the third most conservative song ever written. Who knew? Oh, that would be you, I guess.