Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pamela Geller, Robert Spencer Make Impact Nationally — And Get Smeared For It at WaPo

At Washington Post, "The pens of anti-Muslim conservatives impact N.Y.C. mosque debate mightily." (Via Memeorandum.) It's amazing that you can't read a story in the mainstream press that doesn't strain with incredulity at the moral righteousness of folks like Pamela Geller. She's flamboyant. Uh oh, that makes her untrustworthy? And not only that, the piece picks up on the smears forwarded by people like Charles Johnson and offers them as fact. For example, Pamela has never said President Obama is Malcolm X's love child. Robert Spencer responds: "This is lazy propagandizing at its very finest masquerading as journalism." And the Post identifies Charles Johnson's Little Green Footballs as a "national security blog," to which Robert responds: "That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks."

RELATED: "
FOX Money Rocks: Pamela Geller on Imam Rauf's Ground Zero Mosque Money."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you know how can I contact Robert Spencer or Pamela Geller? I´m a journalist from Brazil and I´m writting an article about the mosque controversy for the newspaper I work, called Zero Hora. And I´m trying to contact them as soon as possible.
My email is laura.schenkel@zerohora.com.br