Sunday, May 4, 2008

Neo-Confederate Hate Comments

I've mentioned to a couple of close-contact blogging buddies - Big Girls Pants and GSGF, for example - that I get the most hate-filled anti-Semitic attack comments from time to time.

Of course, they're always pseudonymous, with no blog URL or e-mail address attached. The absence of these reveals pure, abject cowardice, but I always delete them anyway, because I will not host such vile intolerance in my comment threads.

But this morning's attack needs to be shared, so I can at least make reference to the kind of neo-confederate isolationist hatred that's common on the extreme right-wing of the political spectrum.

In response to my post on Corrente's "
Contemporary Left-Wing Manifesto," check out this, from "Warrior":

And you, jew, are not any less fake as them.

Just what does a neocon provide for the American people? Protection against camel jockeys and their camel launchers 7000 miles away?

The American people are rejecting the Americanist MLK imperial narrative and becoming more isolationist and ethnocentrist, principles that are applied between "Little Liberia", "Little China", and "Little Italy" in our very own cities. We are getting nothing out of the empty multicultural "American dream" nonsense peddled by both parties, except cake nonintellectual professorships, of which there was never a need.
So, the slur starts out with an attack on me as a "Jew"?

I'm not Jewish, but I am
neoconservative, and I've been a supporter of the Jewish state my entire life (I've written in defense of Israel of late, as well, in "Israel at 60: Can the Jewish State Survive?").

Plus, "Warrior" closes with this part about unneeded "nonintellectual professorships."

"Warrior" 's ignorant attacks themselves rebut the case on unneeded professors!

Still, if you're getting attacks like these, your message must be hitting home.

Cinnamon Stillwell, who broke onto the national scene with her must-read essay on post-9/11 conservativism, "
The Making Of A 9/11 Republican," routinely posts on the extremist attacks she's subject to as a columnist.

Here's
Stillwell's blog post from last November, "Lefty Hatemailer Promises Reeducation Camps for Conservatives":

In a revealing, and nasty, example of the sort of hatemail conservative columnists like myself receive on a regular basis (further examples here and here), I thought I'd share the following missive. It seems that "liberal" tolerance, diversity, and protection of free speech stops at the ideological border, and those of us unlucky enough to fall on the other side had better start packing for the reeducation camps. Something tells me this guy has a future as a speechwriter for the Democrat Party...
I hope you rot with your friends Bush and Cheney. Get out of San Francisco you do not belong here you fascist. Your "conservative"voice will hopefully be classified as hate speech in a new America that will be ushered in with a Democratic president and veto proof Democrat congress in 2008. They will appoint the judges to the supreme court that will redefine free speech. Your time is coming. Free speech will remain protected but conservative positions such as your amount to hate speech that WILL BE OUTLAWED. I hope to help ensure you end up in jail to be reeducated with your friends Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. Leave San Francisco now or you will be rounded up with your filthy hater conservative friends. Go to hell monster.
Can't you just feel the love?
Yep, I feel it!

Note how the far left and the far right converge in their mutual hatred for
the evil neocons.

This is the ideological nexus where the
paleocon neo-confederates and neo-Marxists meet.

Note: Warrior's comments have been deleted, and his weren't the nastiest I've received.

0 comments: