The president's excited, it turns out. See Mary Katharine Ham, "Obama 'Looking Forward' To Accepting Prize in Oslo." Also, the Politico, "President Obama: I Will Accept as 'Call to Action'."
Of course, this what it's really all about:
Perhaps the fact that Obama actually escalated the Afghan deployment is an oversight. So much for "peace," I guess?
There's something to be said for Obama's peacenik branding, in any case: "The United States is the most admired country globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and his administration, according to a new poll."
Jennifer Rubin sums up my thinking on this farce: "There is no better illustration of the debasement of the “international community” and the fundamental unseriousness of what passes for international elite opinion." Also, from Phil Kerpen, "Obama Wins Prize for 'Hope' and 'Change'." And, a roundup at Berman Post, "Obama Wins The Nobel Peace Prize."
* Althouse, "'How can he now send 40,000 more troops to Afghanistan?'."
* Astute Bloggers, "KOOL-AID DRINKING NOBEL COMMITTTEE JUMPS SHARK, GIVES OBAMA PEACE PRIZE!"
* Betsy's Page, "The Nobel Peace Prize: What a Joke!"
* Blazing Cat Fur, "Whaddaya Gotta do to Win a "Peace Prize" These Days?"
* The Blog Prof, "You've Got To Be Kidding Me..."
* Cold Fury, "Nobel Peace Prize Revamped."
* Chicks on the Right, "We’re Practically Too Speechless To Even Address Today’s Most Unbelievable News."
* Gateway Pundit, "Vote For Infanticide --- Win a Nobel Peace Prize."
* John Hawkins, "What Exactly Did Barack Obama Do To Win A Nobel Peace Prize?"
* Instapundit, "OBAMA WINS NOBEL PEACE PRIZE?"
* Jules Crittenden, "Peace In Our Time," and "One Other Thought."
* Michael Graham, "What Do Barack Obama And Yassir Arafat Have In Common?"
* William Jacobson, "Yes, The World Has Lost Its Mind."
* Les Jones, "Did Someone Slip Me a Crazy Pill ... ?"
* Dana Loesch, "Obama gets Nobel Peace Prize … For What?"
* Nice Deb, "Bam Wins Nobel Peace Prize."
* Flopping Aces, "Obama Awarded Nobel Peace Prize."
* Michelle Malkin, "Story of Obama’s life: “Rather Than Recognizing Concrete Achievement…”."
* The Monkey Cage, "Obama's (First?) Nobel Prize."
* Pirates Cove, "World Stunned As Obama Wins Peace Prize."
* Pundit & Pundette, "Nobel Committee feeds Obama Ego with Peace Prize."
* Riehl World View, "NO FREAKIN' WAY!: Obama Wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize."
* Ruby Slippers, "Obama Awarded Nobel Prize for being Barack Obama."
* So It Goes in Shreveport, "And Now We've Entered Into a Parallel Universe."
* Sundries Shack, "Just Consider This the Obamessiah Version of the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem."
* Carolyn Tackett, "The Nobel's Affirmative Action Commitee."
* Theo Spark, "Theater of the Absurd."
* TrogloPundit, "Too Bad the Norwegian Nobel Committee Wasn’t in Charge of Handing Out the Olympics."
* His Vorpal Sword, "Dumb and Dumbererere."
* Wizbang, "Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize."