Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Case for Faith

One of the commenters at this atheist website contacted my department chairman regarding my comments on Elizabeth Edwards. This was the second person to contact the department this week. A woman e-mailed on Monday or Tuesday, but I didn't mention it at the blog since I'm generally not writing about things that involve LBCC's servers, etc. But in the case of this second incident, the complainant bragged about how tough he was going be in sending "an email with a link to the blog post to the head of his department." This guy, named "Jeff," followed through and then posted my chairman's response at the thread. Not satisfied (mad even) with my chairman's brief (and perfect) reply, folks there get all enraged, and then another commenter, "Dan," takes to Google to find some information, and comes back to slam my chairman, saying he's "been in the dept for 20 years and lists himself as ABD, which is all but dissertation, meaning that he's likely a failure in his doctoral studies." It means no such thing. But that's not the point. These atheists are doing the devil's work. They'd like to destroy me for speaking truth to His power, and falling short of that they're out to impugn those who stand up for integrity and proper procedure. It's impossible for me to express the enormity of my contempt. But this is the radical left for you (Robert Farley's Lawyers, Gays and Marriage gets the appropriate citation at the thread.) I'll have more on this later, but I should mention that after talking with my chairman this week we shared our views on faith and strength in God, and he suggested I check out Lee Strobel's The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianiy. And so I picked up a copy on the way home yesterday, and I'm heading up right now to read and reflect for a while. I'll have some additional thoughts on the left's hatred and intolerance in due time. All in a day's work, I guess, God's work.

Lee Strobel

0 comments: