Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Good Without God? Atheist Advertisement Raises Controversy in Fort Worth

The story's at NYT, "Atheist Ads on Buses Rattle Fort Worth." (At Memeorandum.)

Obviously people can be "good without God." But without God, there's little restraint on those who have to choose between good and evil. And there's great likelihood that those without God would choose the latter.

But don't take my word for it. Check the comments at
Joe.My.God., a blog moniker that's not a little blasphemous, when you think about it.

3 comments:

Mike said...

great likelihood that those without God would choose evil? My friend, the church deacon, has often told me, the atheist, that I'm more Christian than half his church members. The way is in the heart not in the sky.

Left Coast Rebel said...

Classic comment from the Joe.My.God. post that you linked to (the guy is talking about evangelical Christians):

To break their power to do violence we'll have to restructure political arrangements so we can close their seminaries, forbid them any opportunity to propagandize children and force priests, imams and rabbis to do productive work that contributes to society.

You may have to archive that one, Donald. Does it surpass even RespacRapist or whatever his name is?

James Sweet said...

I'm always very suspicious of those who say that without god, there is "little restraint". So uh... if you meet Douglas in a dark alley, you better hope he hasn't recently lost his faith, because he might just kick you down, steal your wallet, and then skullf*ck you for good measure.

Luckily, I lost my faith a long time ago and I still haven't gotten around to mugging anybody. So you can feel much safer around me.