Thursday, December 9, 2010

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Elizabeth Edwards Funeral

At least David Gibson's honest enough to make distinctions, although he still comes awful close to conflating mainstream Christians with Westboro Baptist Church, which will protest Elizabeth Edwards' funeral tomorrow.

Westboro's press release is here: "
ELIZABETH EDWARDS IS IN HELL."

And to be clear: I reject Westboro's extremism.

WaPo has a report, "
Westboro church to protest Elizabeth Edwards funeral." (And at Memeorandum.)

Please pray for Elizabeth Edwards.

A roundup of my previous entries is at
Right Wing News.

And at Zion's Trumpet: "Donald Douglas Receives Hatred For His Compassion Towards Elizabeth Edwards," and in the mail from the author:
I agree with everything you said and I too am deeply saddened by her death and her seeming removal of God out of her life - especially at the end of life when it is most crucial. The reaction from the libtards towards you was pretty intense - though not surprising. Keep on speaking the truth. I appreciate all that you do and proud to call you my friend.

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

what the hell is wrong with these people????

Opus #6 said...

I have not commented on this issue because I don't want to speak ill of the dead, or contribute to a discussion where that is happening. Whatever her beliefs were, that is now a matter between her and her maker. The Westboro folks are WAY off, as usual.