Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christina Taylor Green

She was just 9 years-old.

Christina Taylor Green

My wife, who'd been working most of the weekend, broke down in tears when she saw Christina's father interviewed. She came downstairs and told me what Mr. Green said about his daughter: "She was born and she left us in very tragic moments in United States history." See, U.S. News, "9-Year-Old Girl Is Youngest Victim of Arizona Massacre."

My youngest son was born just over a month before Christina. Yes, that kind of minuscule connection --- of random similarities in age of children who'd never met --- still makes the sadness that much deeper. (And makes the left's ridicule that much more sick and reprehensible.)


I promised my wife I'd say some words for Christina, here at the blog, and all the families involved are in our prayers. See Los Angeles Times, "Profiles of the Arizona Shooting Victims."


1 comments:

Dave said...

This was the most egregious part of this entire senseless tragedy.

-Dave