Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ever Fallen in Love With Someone...

Watching "The Bachelor" of late, I've been really thinking about the process of actually falling in love. Last night's episode was pretty intense, by the way: I said to my wife, "This show's more about crushing heartbreak than love sometimes ..."

Anyway, I'll see if I can get more to that effect posted in some thoughts later. In the meantime, here's Pete Shelley and the Buzzcocks, "
Ever Fallen In Love With Someone (You Shouldn't've Fallen In Love With)?":

You spurn my natural emotions
You make me feel like dirt
And I'm hurt
And if I start a commotion
I run the risk of losing you
And that's worse ...

More on the Buzzcocks later. They're playing the O.C. this weekend.

As always, see my good friend Anton for more wonderful sounds, "
Sunday Music – The Crystal Ship." Also, from Reaganite Republican, "Saturday Night Rock-n-Roll Oldies ... Roxy Music- 1972."

Plus, don't miss Theo's "
OMFG!!!", and the Washington Rebel, "Whimsy Kitty."

1 comments:

Opus #6 said...

There are many schools of thought on this. Some say:

Love Hurts.

Love Stinks.

Love is what life is about. We are defined by who we love and how we love.

Love is like art appreciation. I don't know art. But I know what I like.