Saturday, January 9, 2010

Because I Love You Too Much Baby...

I've got two clips of Elvis Presley's "Suspicious Minds." Presley's birthday was yesterday. The American music icon would have been 75 years-old. "Suspicious Minds" was Elvis' last #1 hit before his death, and it's probably one of his biggest songs that I can remember from my childhood. While not my generation, Elvis' music grew on me as I got older and became more of an rock aficionado - and especially during the rockabilly revivial of the early-1980s, when all the great pioneer bands of the 1950s were rescued from obscurity to pop culture's youth of the day. The first clip is a live performance, circa mid-1970s. It's Elvis in his final years (and watch for Sammy Davis, Jr., in the audience toward the end of the clip). The second is a montage of Elvis images played to the "Suspicious Minds" studio version. I know older readers will especially enjoy these, bittersweet as they are:

1 comments:

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...

I'm not sure when Elvis died. Probably when I was a little kid?? However, I watch old movies. If you wanna "babe blog" Elvis - he's clean enough that I won't object. Elvis holds appeals for generations AFTER him. lol