Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Romney Used a 'Bucket' When He Was a Mormon Missionary in France in the 1960s

Well, that's just going to sink his candidacy.

At London's Daily Mail, "Too much information, Mitt!":
Mitt Romney is seen as a boring and risk-averse candidate by many voters, so this latest nugget of information might turn a few heads.

The GOP presidential candidate has revealed he defecated into a bucket while serving as a Mormon missionary in France in the 1960s.

Mr Romney spent two and half years knocking on doors as he was greeted by locals with guns, or their barking dogs chasing at his heels.

‘A number of the apartments I lived in when I was there didn’t have toilets,’ he said in Hudson, New Hampshire, reported the New York Times.

‘We had instead the little pads on the ground. OK, you know how that works. There was a chain behind you. It was kind of a bucket affair.’

They used to bathe by using a hose in a sink. ‘I said to myself: “Wow, I’m sure lucky to be born in the United States of America”,’ Mr Romney said.
More at that link.

That's just the way they do it over there, Mitt. You're making it sound more gnarly that it is.

2 comments:

Average American said...

I love the debates! We FINALLY get to see and hear from candidates who are not billionaires. Makes me have faith in the system again. Hell, maybe you or I could actually run and have a chance.

Average American said...

last comment was at wrong post--sorry