Friday, March 6, 2009

“Going Galt” Around the Blogosphere

The intense interest, advocacy, and backlash surrounding “Going Galt” is one of the more interesting blogospheric happenings I've seen in some time. It turns out that The Liberty Papers has a roundup, "Will Atlas Shrug? A Compilation of Blogosphere Commentary about “Going Galt”:
There’s a new craze hitting the conservative tubes on the Internets these days: “Going Galt!” While it’s difficult to identify an exact date of reference or to provide any unique person with credit for the general meme, Michelle Malkin and Helen Smith certainly deserve honorable mention for recently popularizing the phrase.

This movement seems to have manifested itself in two distinct, but related, forms: those who say, more-or-less, that “I ain’t gonna produce more that 249,999 dollars and 99 cents of taxable income” as well as those more accustomed to singing “Amazing Grace” than Twisted Sister taking to the streets across America chanting “we’re not gonna take it anymore.”

Here are some relevant (and hopefully balanced) quotes I’ve found on all sides of the aisle regarding this recent phenomenon. Enjoy!
Check the link for the compilation.

Hat Tip:
Instapundit.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if what I did recently is "going Galt" but, I hope more and more do it.

I have completed my tax returns this year via Turbo Tax. The program asked if I wanted import the data from lat year and I said to go ahead.

I then saved everything in pdf, went to the "other" forms I use and printed them all out. I then used my specially purchased for the event wide-tip red ink Marksalot and wrote the following on every page.

Rangel Rule, Daschle Rule, Geithner Rule

If we all do not send the Fed any money, they cannot spend it.