Saturday, January 9, 2010

Right Wing Nation, Resting

I only knew him as "C.B." in our e-mail communications, but he ran an interesting blog and we exchanged some thoughts on teaching and assessment. I have been informed that C.B., a.k.a. "Right Wing Prof" at Right Wing Nation, has passed away. I don't know enough to say anymore, although C.B had retired from Right Wing Nation and was posting at blog called Central Pennylvania Orthodox. This passage is from the last entry there, entitled "Glorious Nativity":

I’m sorry I haven’t posted. I’m daunted by the task, and can’t give you as much as I’d like, for all of the expected reasons: Increased pain and shortness of breath, weakness and shakiness (?). Forgive typos ....

Christmas Day began very bad, Christmas here, and all. Christopher arrived in his Santa cap when Sharon, Brook, and Stacy, three nurses aides, were here and I was recovering from a particularly excrutiation pain spam.

Sharon was crying as she took my hand and said this was going to be the best Christmas ever because I was surrounded by people who loved me. That’s when I started crying, when I realized the truth of what she said, and we had a room of ten wet eyes.

Everything was uphill after that ....
I treasure the (good) people I meet through blogging and social networking. Though I can't be with everyone in person, I'm with folks in my heart.

Please say a prayer for C.B.'s family, and hold tight and enjoy togetherness with your loved ones today and always.

4 comments:

Jan said...

Donald, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your friend.

I just read a few of his blog entries, talking about his condition, and it seems that he was at peace.

That means a lot to his family, and friends, I know.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Jan ...

We weren't real close, but he seemed always so nice. Sad when we lose a blogger.

Laura Lee - Grace Explosion said...

One day, our work here will be done that God has ordained... and we will be in that place and see the Lord's face. Whenever I hear of a Christian dying - they have gone home to be with the Lord.

I miss my grandmother. She was such a saint. But I know she is happy, healthy, and in complete joy and happiness beyond our comprehension.

It's sad to miss loved ones who have gone on before us. I'll pray for his family.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Dr.D,
Nicely done. CB sent me some emails about various things and I always enjoyed them. I lost contact until recently I learned of his illness. He's a loss to us as conservatives. RIP, God Bless.