Saturday, April 10, 2010

'Cast Away'

Between errands, I caught most of "Cast Away" earlier this afternoon. I remember when the film came out some of the reviews were tepid. But it's one of my odd favorites, and not so much for the island survival sequences. It's the promise of love that's lost between Chuck and Kelley. I've mentioned this before, but when I seriously injured myself in 1981, I lost the love of my life, Kathleen. When I was healthy again it was too late, and then of course, perhaps I shouldn't have gone out that night in the first place, and well ... Oh, I'm sure readers have a story of love's lost promise with which they can relate ...

And exit question: What ever happened to Helen Hunt? I just love her ...

Programming Note: I'm going to watch "Quantum of Solace" at 6:00pm (on Showtime), but I'll have some more blogging later tonight.

1 comments:

science fiction writer said...

Too bad that other celebrities don't use Helen Hunt as a role model. She's taken care of her family and lived a good life. One of the keys to her serene existence: she told the media to stay away from her family. That, I imagine, is why we never hear about her.