Saturday, April 16, 2011

Academic Bloggers

Actually, I'm not much of an academic anymore. I'm a teacher and an activist, although I keep up with the current academic literature in international relations fairly well. But who knows? Maybe that's enough to qualify for a write-up at the New York Times. Ann Althouse and Glenn Reynolds are featured at this piece, and they're bloggers as much as they are scholars: "Big Blog on Campus." That said, political scientist and communist Henry Farrell is mentioned as well, for the group blog Crooked Timber. (Henry's a lying asshat who's quoted there, "I guess if you use fake facts it’s easier to write editorials in favor of unlimited and unaccountable state power to detain U.S. citizens." Fake facts? Henry Farrell traffics in them, and when critics call him out on it, he bans them from Crooked Timber, as I wrote previously here.)

Anyway, pictured at the Times' piece is Eugene Volokh (of Volokh Conspiracy), who looks nothing like I imagined --- much younger in fact.
And here's yours truly at yesterday's tea party in Oceanside. A wonderful woman asked if she could take my picture with her Sarah Palin sign! I handed her my camera while she was at it.

Photobucket

By the way, William Jacobson deserves mention in any academic blog roundup, especially when blog rankings are a key indicator.

2 comments:

Meade said...

That's a great photo. Thanks for all the excellent coverage from Oceanside. Keep up the great work!

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks for commenting, Meade.