Saturday, July 4, 2009

Freedom Is Not Free: Two U.S. Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan; David Masters Tweets, 'They Killed My Son'

A wonderful day ends on a sad note.

Via Michelle Malkin, "Thank you, Aaron: A U.S. Soldier’s Sacrifice on Independence Day":
Got back to my hotel after a wonderful time at the Dallas Tea Party only to read of a father’s heartbreak.

David M. Masters passed along devastating news on Twitter this evening that his son, Aaron, was one of two American soldiers killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan today.

His
message:

David Masters posted a new tweet:
Thank you all so much for thanking Aaron, and thank you all for love and support... #thankyouaaron #1... amen.
The New York Times story is here, "2 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Taliban Attack."

Please join me in saying a prayer for David Masters.

And God Bless our U.S. service personnel. Thank you for staking your lives for the preservation of freedom. All Americans shared that bounty today.

3 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

wow, this is amazing, go with god Aaron.....

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Sarge Charlie...

Dave said...

Thank you for posting this, Dr. Douglas.

My adopted mom lost two of her childhood friends to war-one in Korea and the other in Vietnam. My adopted father is a Marine who fought in Korea. My family's involvement in this nation's conflicts predate the Civil War.

May God be with Aaron and his family during this most trying time.

Aaron is a true American hero, not people like Michael Jackson or even Steve McNair.

I actually had to get off Twitter last night, as I was reading down through the tweets in the "Trending Topics" link that had to do with Aaron's tragic death.

99.98% of what was being said was very kind and supportive of David, Aaron and his family. However, some of what said made me literally sick to my stomach.

I can be a bit of a hothead at times, and as such had I stuck around, I would have probably lost my account, as my patience with people of that ilk is non-existent.

There are just some cretins in this country who simply do not deserve to live in a nation so selflessly defended by heroes like Aaron.

-Dave