Friday, September 25, 2009

'Why I Am No Longer an African American'

From Mary Baker, at American Thinker, "Why I Am No Longer an African American":

The classification of me as an African American says that although I live in America, my loyalty and allegiance are to Africa. My loyalty and my allegiance are first to Jesus Christ who is the Lord and Savior of my life. These same principles were those held by many of our Founding Fathers who held high regard for God's protection and leadership over this nation. These are the principles that are common to the foundation of Conservatism. As I think of my viewpoints politically, everything I believe about this country is wrapped up in my Conservative views. The tenets of the Declaration of Independence were set forth to bring equality and well being to all Americans. And those are the principles that I embrace as an American.

It is my faith that drives everything that I believe and hold as dear. The Founders of this country envisioned a nation that would secure the God-given rights of its citizens. The desire that every citizen born in this country would not suffer the oppression they endured under England's rule, set as the backdrop for guaranteeing freedom for all Americans. The Founders especially desired that our nation would be one ruled and protected by our Creator God. Many beg to differ, but the Founders' insistence that God guide the ways of this nation is apparent in their acknowledgement of His hand in the creation of life, the rights of life, and the prosperity of life.
Don't miss this powerful essay in full (link).

Mary Baker's blog is
here. Blogroll her right now.

I've always disliked the term "African-American," although I've never articulated my thoughts on the issue as well as Mary does at her essay.

Hat Tip: Saber Point, "
Clifton's Friend Mary Baker Appears on Glenn Beck Show."

3 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Great Post Donald, I am re-post it with my feelings.

tomllewis said...

Thanks for the excellent post. I did add Mary onto my blog roll, as well as American Power.

tomllewis said...

Sorry this went to my old "Blogger" site, which I haven't used since May, when I switched to Word Press.