Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Kid's Bugging Me to Watch 'Modern Family'

Seriously, my oldest kid's totally into 'Modern Family', and the past couple of nights both he and my wife have been watching video downloads on the laptap in the kitchen. Of course, they're totally laughing out loud while I'm trying to watch the big TV at the same time, and they keep saying, "you gotta watch it the next time it comes on." Well, it turns out that'll be Wednesday night, when the (surprisingly) hot sitcom comes back for with its first new episode in 2010. See, "'Modern Family' made us fall in love with sitcoms again":
Turns out that the domestic sitcom wasn't dead. It just needed a little refurbishing. Enter this witty, feel-good series, which deploys a "mockumentary" approach to peer in on three branches of a large, extended brood. The show smartly recognizes that families these days come in all shapes, sizes and cultural persuasions. Most of all, it succeeds because the writers balance their contemporary brand of comedic edge with just the right amount of old-school sweetness.
Anyway, it's a good thing I've got a young teenager to keep me up-to-date with the latest in primetime comedy coolness - and hotness, it turns out. I love Julie Bowen (pictured), who co-stars. Not only is she beautiful, she's a powerful dramatic actress as well. I enjoyed her performances in "The Ed" show sometime back. But if my family's bugging me to check out the new show, well, they won't have to twist my arm:

2 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks for commenting, Philippe!

Craig R said...

I haven't watched Modern Family yet, I didn't know Julie Bowen was in it. I'll have to start watching it.

Thanks for mentioning Ed, your the first person to reference it.