Saturday, March 13, 2010

'Jimi Hendrix on your Blog?!?!?!'

In my inbox, from Paleo-Pat at Political Byline:
Jimi Hendrix on your Blog?!?!?!

Heh!

I found that to be a bit of a shock...

Anyhow, That version of purple haze is the WORST!

I beg you, PLEASE put on of these on there!
Patrick left links to nearly half-a-dozen "Purple Haze" videos, the first one below is live from Atlanta in 1970:

Actually, I'm quite open to suggestions for music posts. But why Patrick's "shock" at seeing a Hendrix video in the sidebar? It's no big deal. The dude obviously should spend some time visiting AmPow before going off!

I've been around the rock-and-roll block a few times, eh?

Not only that, I can't stand paleocons, actually. So, advance demerits for that.

In any, case, I've got a broad range of musical interests, as readers know. You name it, from punk and rockabilly to new wave techno-pop to '60s-era pyschedelic and '70s-era corporate rock to '90s-era grunge to heartland and blues. I'm learning more all the time as well, and it certainly helps to have a teenager who's totally plugged into iTunes all the time!

And I'll tell you, I went to high school in the '70s, and Jimi was big with some my homies. I shifted, by graduation, to power-pop, British punk, and L.A. hardcore, but you never forget the early influences.


That said, Patrick whines a lot about not getting
FMJA links, so I'll toss him a bone. Nice videos as well, although I quite dig that one at the sidebar -- obviously an early rendition of "Purple Haze," raw in its styling and percussion.

Patrick's other Hendrix links are below: I've listened all of them, and they're awesome. I like the Atlanta clip best, which I've embedded at top; but Hendrix live at the Isle of Wight is at the first link below. That's pretty cool:

* One

* Two

*
Three

*
Four

At for the sidebar video, I can just dig the raw sound, and I get a kick out of Mitch Mitchell on drums. So, no apologies. Worry about your own blog circling the drain, buddy.


2 comments:

Patrick said...

I wasn't going off!

I was just a little shocked. :)

No anger man...

I just hate that version of that song.. Amps are all turned down and sounds all twangy and stuff. Yeah, I am a guitar player and BIG Marshall fan. Love them amps. I hated the fact that some rocket scientist set Jimi up with SUNN amps! OMG those things sounded like crap! Like a Buzz Saw... anyhow, thankfully, he went back to Marshalls.

Fun fact, When Jimi Played in the U.K., his Marshall amps always sounded different than in the USA. Why? Because U.K. Marshall amps run on 220, and US Marshalls run on 110... More High ends for some odd reason.

Be well Mate, and no, no malice here. Just a manic Hendrix fan. ;-P

-Pat

JoFresh said...

Have you guys seen Valley’s of Neptune from the new Jimi Hendrix record. This is making me think it’s a must have – the video is just as awesome as the song. enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjxH_a5U7wA