Thursday, June 11, 2009

Travel Tips for the Uighurs!

You're not going to believe this, but the freaks at Ordinary Gentlemen are actually well-wishing the freed Guantanamo terrorists!

"
Free Advice to Released Uighurs":

If you are headed to Palau–where I spent 1 week of my life, 3 days of which was in a small to medium range typhoon, 2 other days of which I spent on the can–good luck. It’s a beautiful place. The people are also beautiful (especially the women) but tend to be a bit cold towards outsiders. But definitely get somebody to take you out on a boat ride to the Jellyfish Lake. LSD’s got nothing on that trip.
Do these idiots remotely know WTF is going on?!!

How about those Uighurs? (Hat Tip: Reliapundit):

China ... has been affected by the ascendance of the Taliban. Beijing shunned the civil war in Afghanistan until February 1999, when it first made overtures to the Taliban in an attempt to stem the tide of Afghan heroin flooding Xinjiang. The heroin was helping fund Islamist nationalist opposition to Beijing among the Uighurs and other Muslim ethnic groups. Uighur militants have trained and fought with the Afghan mujahideen since 1986, and Chinese officials say the arms and explosives the rebels have used against Chinese security forces come from Afghanistan. Taliban officials have assured China that they are not harboring fugitive Uighurs, but some Uighur militants are known to be involved with Yuldashev and with bin Laden-if not the Taliban itself.
Oh, golly, what a swell bunch of fellas!

And they sure had some nice things to say about the U.S., "
Uyghur Detainees at Gitmo Compare U.S. to Hitler."

Cool! Let me buy those guys a drink at the pool!

As Pamela notes, hey, it's the "
TERRORISTS' EXCELLENT VACATION"!



More at Memeorandum.

10 comments:

Mark Harvey said...

Britain is going ape snot over this "deal". Nothing like bribing people to save your butt, eh Czarboni?

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Mark!

No Sheeples Here! said...

Professor,

I began watching the video posted here. I didn't get very far. I paused the video. I began to cry uncontrollably and screamed aloud, "I can watch NO MORE. I can watch NO MORE."

What in the hell is wrong with this phucking administration?

LFC said...

This post misses the point. The point is: Do the particular Uighurs (roughly 20 I think) who have been held at Guantanamo represent a threat to US national security? Did these particular Uighurs do anything to warrant their detention in the first place? My impression is that the answer to both these questions is no.

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks No Sheeples!

Anonymous said...

Ummm...these guys aren't terrorists, that's why we are releasing them. Do you think that every Muslim is a terrorist? Or that the government is so freaking infallible that everyone they accuse of terrorism is guilty? These guys were turned in for bounty. We kept them in cages for years with no evidence. That's the real shame, here.

Maggie Thornton said...

@LFC - no this post doesn't miss the point. The point is these men were picked up on the battle field. The fact that they are being released has nothing to do with their suspected terrorism. You are being simple and naive.

and to Anonymous - you have, Ummm...no idea the truth of whether or not they are terrorists. They were picked for some reason. So it cannot stand a test of law because witnesses are long gone. Bounty? Please...get real. You are the real shame.

My apologies to No Sheeples. I usually do not respond to someone else's commenters. Please feel free to delete.

Maggie Thornton said...

I watched another one at ChicagoRay's yesterday, via Pamela. It nearly knocked me off my chair and it prepared me a big for this one - which is worse - far worse.

This is reality. We must deal with it.

Maggie Thornton said...

American Power - please accept my apologies. I followed a link from No Sheeples and forgot that I was no longer "there."

Anonymous said...

As long as your beating on Donalds drums he's got a big "thank you" for yah.

aBout as academically mature as a 10 year old child if you ask me.