Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Shocker: Jake Chose Vienna Over Tenley

My wife and I weren't surprised. Jake picked Vienna. We knew he would, but check ABC News, "'The Bachelor' Shocker: Jake Chooses Vienna in Finale: For Jake Pavelka, Physical Connection With Vienna Outweighed Emotional Bond With Tenley":

I don't follow this show all that closely. I've basically watched every other week. My wife likes it so we've been hanging out on the couch watching shows. But it's powerful television, despite all the nasty things people say about all the participants on the gossip websites. I would have probably proposed to Tenley. I like her even more than Ali at this point. But I don't begrudge Vienna a bit. She's a Hooters girl. And that makes her scum for some folks? And oh, she posed nude, so she shouldn't have a chance for love and prince charming? I'm happy for her. That said, The Bachelor is more about broken dreams than anything else. I'll update if I can find it more video, but Tenley defines class in her response to Jake. He's a good man, and I can see why women love him, but he need to rein in the love a bit. He tells everyone he loves them. But you can only have one. Readers can tell me otherwise in the comments, but I think Jake and Vienna did the nakie -- they went for a test drive, so to speak. I don't see that level of intimacy with Jake and Tenley, and that's just it: Jake needed something more risque. I'm the other way around, for example, when I married my wife. I was rogue, and I married pure beauty. I'm the luckiest guy that way. But maybe Jake wanted to walk on the wild side for once, being the cookie-cutter stud that he is. In any case, hard all around, but that's why people watch.

The video cuts off Tenley too soon. The whole segment is heartbreaking.

1 comments:

SeeMurphy said...

i agree. tenley epitomized class and honestly, i think jake thought she was too good for him. he kept saying he put her on a pedestal... must've been uncomfortable for him to be his imperfect self around her, whereas the opposite is true with vienna. i do like that jake didn't listen to all the noise re: vienna... at the end of the day, he has to listen to his heart. i was a little peeved at him for stringing tenley along... my goodness, every woman was "amazing." every decision to let someone go was "the hardest i've ever had to make in my life." i mean, come on, dude. choosing the person you love really isn't that difficult.