Thursday, August 6, 2009

Carolyn Tackett: No Rioting at Tampa Town Hall; Priority Seating for SEIU Thugs!

Here's a report from Tampa, at Carol's Closet, "The Tampa Townhall WAS NOT Open To The Public - UPDATED":

From time to time people would come outside from the building carrying Obama signs and yell at the crowd. A woman wearing a Obama tee shirt came out and got in to the face of an elderly man standing near me. I've got to give him credit, he held his own even when she was literally nose to nose with him. A policeman worked his way over and told her to move on. At another point, a man came to the doorway who had his shirt all but ripped off and bleeding from scratches in his chest. People rushed forward to find out what happened and I ended up so pent in that I couldn't even raise my arms to get a picture. Despite how he looked, it didn't appear that he was badly hurt because he was smiling and laughing while talking to the police. He was only a few feet away from me but I couldn't hear anything he was saying. I have no idea which "side" attacked him ....

There were a couple of women who had signs that said, "please fix health care." Even when the crowd got loud, the women were treated with respect and everyone gave them room.

At one point someone in an Obama shirt opened the door that I was standing right in front of. Standing just inside was a union member that is affiliated with my employer. He saw me and took my picture. The man standing next to noticed and I explained the situation to him. Within moments I had several people ask me if I would be "okay" and I assured them that I would be. I was really touched that total strangers would show concern for me.

Carolyn adds this update, from Red State:
Early reports coming in from Florida indicate the hastily scheduled townhall with Kathy Castor ended badly, as predicted, because of SEIU thugs.

The event was conveniently held in a forum where only 250 people could fit. 1000 people showed up. SEIU members were given reserved seating that took up at least half of the 250 seats. As people came in who visibly oppose the Democrats healthcare plan, SEIU members barred access to the room.

Again, the people I saw were angry and loud but well behaved. It was awful to stand for so long in blistering heat and humidity only to fins out that the organizers had stacked the hall. There was shouting. People did let their feelings known but I want to emphasize that there was no riot.
My previous report, with video, is here.

3 comments:

dave in boca said...

Looks like Dear Leader has brought his "community organizing" skills he developed with rent-a-mobs like ACORN with govt. unions SEIU who are becoming his own personal Brownshirts---he'll dispose of them with his UAW & AFL/CIO SS Kommandos later, I suppose.

I lived in Chicago a decade just before retiring to Boca and met Daley a few times while doing Amoco outreach. You might have noticed Mayor Richard sided with the Cambridge Cops during the Gates dust-up. Daley's political instincts are impeccable and his knows this swarthy avatar is just a tenderfoot who's another Jimmy Carter, a one-term wonder who's hemorrhaging political capital faster than GWB.

Even with the MSM, Hollyweird, Academicide, and trial lawyer elites on his side, this "constitutional lawyer" can't convince us that treason is reason.

Barry Goldwater's political maxim still holds, " when treason rules the land....."

dave in boca said...

Pardon, "he" knows. Creepy cripple drug & alcohol addict Patrick Kennedy in Rhode Island scheduled his "town halls" in front of shopping malls in mid-day heat of 90-plus degrees.

Could Patrick be trying to discourage the elderly from attending his outreach to the voters by holding them outdoors during a heat wave?

Inquiring minds want to know.

science fiction writer said...

What about the Sunshine Law?